posted this on November 09, 2009 06:20 pm
Updated: March 13, 2013
There are several reasons why this might happen: You might have more than one account, your confirmation might have been imported into an existing trip, there might be a problem with the email you sent to email@example.com. Please see below.
You might have more than one account.
If you happen to forward a travel confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org from an email address that is not associated with your main TripIt account, we'll automatically create a new account for that address. Here's what you can do:
1. Add all of your work and personal email addresses to your account on the Email settings page.
2. If any of these email addresses are linked to another account, we will help you merge your accounts.
Your confirmation might have been imported into an existing trip.
If the travel dates in your itinerary overlap with the dates of an existing trip, your itinerary will be added to your existing trip.
1. Look at the details of your upcoming trips to determine if your itinerary was added to an existing trip.
2. Access your email from TripIt that reads "Your TripIt itinerary is ready" and click on the link to your itinerary within that email. This link will take you directly to your trip details within your TripIt account.
Your confirmation email was sent directly from the airline or booking website.
If you are trying to send us a confirmation email directly from the airline's website or booking site, we likely won't be able to link the email to your TripIt account since we rely on the sender's email address to do so. Here's what you can do:
1. Resend your confirmation email to email@example.com from your own email client.