An administrator has the authority to create new teams and manage existing ones.
The TripIt for Teams owner is automatically an owner and can also create and manage teams.
Notes: The account owner has access to all teams. An administrator can only access teams they've created or are a team member of. Travellers will only see the teams they are a member of and have no team editing rights.
Create TripIt team(s) for your employees
Only the owner or designated administrators can create / manage teams. Depending on the trip details settings of the specific team, travellers will be able to either view all trip details, destination and travel dates only, or no trip details are displayed for team members on the Travel Calendar. Please note, if the trip's destination is the same as the traveller's home location, it will not appear on the Travel Calendar.
Creating a team
Both the owner and the TripIt for Teams administrator can create and manage teams.
Only the owner or designated administrator can create and manage teams.
- From the Teams tab, click Add Team.
Choose a team name
- Select whether admins can manage their travellers' TripIt accounts and trips.
- Determine if travellers have the option to invite other travellers to join the team.
- Choose the trip details setting that team members can see (full itineraries, dates/destinations only or nothing is shared among team members).
- Add the email address for each traveller you want added to this team.
- Add the email address for any other administrator you want to manage this team.
Edit an existing team
From the Teams tab, click on the team's name or click edit next to the team's name then make your edits. You'll be able to update the trip details setting and add/remove travellers and administrators.
Add additional travellers to an existing team
Team members can add additional travellers from the Travel Calendar. Just click on the team's name, input the new traveller's email address and click the Add Traveller button.
Updated: 4 Feb, 2019