Flight monitoring is a feature of our TripIt Pro premium service.
Basic TripIt accounts are not monitored for schedule changes or flight updates (if your airline notifies you about an update to your itinerary, you just need to forward the schedule update to firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you subscribe to TripIt Pro there are a few reasons why you may not see updated flight information or why we may not be able to monitor your flight.
1. Outside 72 hours of departure: Flight monitoring for flight cancellations, delays and gate changes begins 72 hours prior to flight departure. If you wish to see changes made prior to 72 hours, just submit the updated supplier confirmation email by forwarding it from your email inbox to email@example.com.
2. Traveller / Viewer Designation: You are not marked as a Traveller on the itinerary.
3. Missing Key Details: Some of your flight details might be missing. Please make sure that all of your key flight details are included in your reservation: airline and flight numbers, departure date, departure airport, arrival airport.
4. Flight Number Has Changed: We monitor your flight information by flight number as we don't have access to your reservation within the airline's reservation system. If the airline makes a change to your flight number we won't be notified. If your flight number has changed, all you need to do is forward the new confirmation supplier email from your email inbox to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Resolve Conflict Message: Your itinerary has a flight (resolve) conflict. If we have received conflicting flight information for the same day, the conflict will need to be resolved before we can monitor your true flight(s).
6. Schedule Not Yet Available. Some (not many) airlines don't make their schedule available to our flight monitoring system or don't make them available until close to the departure date.
7. Don't See The Answer You Need Above? : If none of the reasons above resolve your issue, report it to us! Just contact TripIt Support or use the email action button at the bottom of each help page on your Android or iOS device.
Updated: 31 July, 2018