Traveller Profile provides a repository for TripIt and TripIt Pro users to store key travel documents and contacts.
The feature is available on our website and Android and iOS phone apps. Your travel documents and contacts information are stored in one place and are easily accessible while travelling.
Traveller Profile document information options include Passport, Driving Licence, USCIS Green Card, Global Entry, US Military ID, USCIS Reentry Permit, US TSA Pre, Alclear LLC Clear Card and SENTRI. There is also a generic template (Other) to store additional document information.
Any contact can be stored in your Traveller Profile, from emergency contacts to your pet sitter (or other important contacts you may need while travelling). We strongly recommend never storing financial data and passwords in Traveller Profile.
1. Important travel documents and contacts are at your fingertips.
2. Centralises the contacts you need the most while travelling for easy access while you’re on the go and allows you to input and store documents for yourself and your fellow travellers, so everyone’s travel information is in one place.
3. It’s protected. TripIt encrypts all sensitive information stored on our servers. (Additionally, a 4-digit PIN is required for access from your mobile device).
Who else can view your Traveller Profile:
If you have TripIt for Teams and have designated travel planners/administrators, they will have access to all of your Traveller Profile information if viewing from the TripIt website. However, they have read-only access. Travel arrangers do not have access through their mobile devices.
No one else can see your profile. Your Inner Circle cannot see your Traveller Profile information. Even if you have shared your trip with someone on TripIt, they do not have access to your Traveller Profile information.
Here's how to access and enter your Traveller Profile information on your Android and/or iOS phone.
1. From the signed in TripIt app on your Android or iOS phone, tap the More tab (bottom right of screen) and select Profile from the main menu.
2. From the Profile page, select either Travel Documents or Travel Contacts. (First time access or apps that have been signed out since last accessing Traveller Profile will require a PIN (see bottom of page for additional information).
3. Once within the Travel Documents or Travel Contacts area, simply tap on the name of the document or type of contact to enter data. Be sure to tap Save prior to exiting the page.
Accessing your Traveller Profile on your mobile device requires a PIN.
Because you can always be signed in to the mobile app for convenience, confidential traveller profile information such as passport and driving licence numbers are encrypted and protected further behind a 4-digit PIN. Your PIN is also encrypted. This 4-digit PIN is required to be set before accessing, entering or editing Traveller Profile information.
When accessing your traveller profile for the first time in your TripIt app, you will be asked to enter a 4-digit security PIN. You must enter your TripIt password to set up the PIN. Trivial PINs are not allowed (e.g. 1111, 1234, 4321, etc.). You will also be asked to enter your PIN twice to ensure it is correct.
You will be able to access Traveller Profile for as long as you are active in the Traveller Profile section. If you leave the Profile section for 15 minutes, you will be required to re-enter your PIN to re-access Traveller Profile.
When you sign out of the TripIt app, the PIN is deleted. Because we leave you signed in to the app when you launch in or out of TripIt, your PIN will not expire automatically. If you decide to sign out of the TripIt app, you will need to set up a new PIN when signing in and accessing Traveller Profile again.
You can reset your PIN by clicking on the Forgot PIN? link on the PIN entry page. You will also be asked to reset your PIN after 3 unsuccessful attempts. To reset your PIN, you will need access to the Internet and to use your TripIt password.
For safety and security reasons, a PIN is tied to only one device for your TripIt account. When you use a different device to access Traveller Profile for the first time, you will be required to set up a PIN for that device. You may, however, use the same PIN for a different device.
Updated: 13 Nov, 2018