Calendar feed is used to display your TripIt itinerary items in your calendar application.
Our calendar feed syncs with your TripIt itinerary to display the trip in your calendar application.
- The refresh rate of the feed varies dependent on your calendar type (15 minutes to 24 hours).
- The feed is read only (not editable).
- Lotus Notes and Outlook 2013 are not supported by the TripIt calendar feed.
Setting your feed on iOS and Android
Subscribe: Open the TripIt app > Tap More > Settings > Calendar Sync > Add TripIt to My Calendar.
Subscribe: Open the TripIt app > Tap on More (bottom right) then Settings > Tap on your username in the Calendar Sync section > Tap the top switch to subscribe.
Setting Your Feed on the Web
To add or replace the calendar feed in your email application, you'll first need your feed URL.
To find your feed URL: Sign in to the TripIt website > On the Home tab, click Get iCal feed.
Copy the iCal feed URL.
To place in Apple's Calendar application:
- Choose File > New Calendar Subscription.
- Enter the calendar’s web address, then click Subscribe.
- Enter a name for the calendar in the Name field, then click the adjacent pop-up menu and choose a colour.
- Click the Location pop-up menu, then choose an account for the subscription. Choose On My Mac.
- To get the calendar’s event attachments or alerts, deselect the appropriate Remove checkboxes.
- Click the Auto-refresh pop-up menu, then choose how often to update the calendar.
- To prevent alerts from appearing for this calendar, select Ignore alerts.
- Click OK.
To place your feed in Google Calendar:
- Open your calendar in a web browser.
- On the left, above My Calendars, click Add + > from URL.
- Paste your calendar feed URL into the field provided. Do not select the checkbox unless you want to make your calendar public.
- Click Add Calendar.
To place your feed in Microsoft Outlook 2010:
- Select Open Calendar, then From Internet...
- Paste your calendar feed URL into the field provided.
- Click OK.
To place your feed in Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac:
Outlook for Mac 2011 does not allow you to subscribe to a calendar feed directly, but if you're using an Exchange server, you can add your calendar in your organisation's webmail interface. (Usually you access webmail at an address like webmail.domain.com.) To replace a feed, you'll need to unsubscribe from your old calendar and subscribe to the new feed.
- Click the Calendar menu.
- From the Share menu in your calendar view, select Add Calendar...
- In the Add Calendar window, select Calendar from the Internet, and paste your calendar feed URL into the field provided.
- Click OK.
To place your feed in Microsoft 365 (Outlook 2013/2016/2019): [!Unsupported!]
You'll need to unsubscribe from your old calendar and subscribe to the new feed.
- Click Add calendar .
- Click Subscribe from web .
- Enter your TripIt calendar URL and click Import.
Refreshing Your Feed
If your calendar still doesn't sync properly, you may need to refresh your feed. Note that some calendar applications will refresh on their own (Google Calendar, for example, can take up to a day before you see changes), so you may want to wait. But if the problem doesn't clear up, try these steps:
- On your mobile app, delete and then resubscribe to your calendar using the instructions above.
- For other email applications, go to the Publishing Your TripIt Data page and click the Refresh button in the upper-right corner of the page (in the Calendar Feed section).
- Copy the new feed URL.
- Add that URL to your email application using the instructions above.
- Wait about 15 minutes for your data to sync.
Updated: 20 Aug, 2020