TripIt can help you organise travel plans for your travellers.
TripIt offers a premium ( TripIt for Teams ) and a basic way to manage travel plans for others. TripIt for Teams provides travel planners with a way to plan and manage travel for others and create group travel calendars all on an easy-to-use interface. Both TripIt for Teams and basic TripIt allow the travel arranger and the traveller to see the trip in their respective TripIt accounts and both can make changes as needed.
TripIt for Teams' powerful features will simplify and streamline travel planning for teams of all types and sizes. Whether you're an office manager, assistant, admin or anyone who plans travel, you'll find that TripIt for Teams is the easiest, most efficient way to keep you and your travellers organised.
Tripit for Teams features:
- Instant itineraries keep everyone organised.
- Central travel dashboard gives you total control.
- Team calendar keeps everyone in sync.
- Team-wide spending reports keep you informed.
- Seamless TripIt integration gives your travellers flexibility.
- Onboarding tools make getting started a breeze.
- 25% off the TripIt Pro subscription rate for individual travellers.
After purchasing TripIt for Teams, simply forward emails to firstname.lastname@example.org with the traveller's email address in the subject line. TripIt places the plan in the right trip for the right traveller! You can use your TripIt for Teams Traveller Dashboard to quickly see all your travellers' trips.
TripIt also supports a basic path for a travel planner to add trips to a business traveller's account while being able to view and update the trips from their own TripIt account. The basic path does not offer a dashboard, team calendar or spending reports.
- Travel planner creates and verifies a free TripIt account in their name. (Each traveller also needs their own account.)
- If managing multiple travellers, uncheck 'Put new plans into trips' in the Travel preferences section of your profile's About you page, which will make it easier to file the right plans in the right trip.
- When it's time to arrange travel for a business traveller, the Traveller planner creates a new trip 'shell' in their TripIt account, entering just the Trip Name, Primary Location and Start/End Dates, unchecking 'I am a traveller on this trip'. Use trip names like 'Chicago, 1/5/08, Traveller Name' to help keep things organised.
- Travel planner forwards all the business traveller's confirmation emails to email@example.com and all travel information is automatically added to the new trip based on the start and end date. (If managing multiple travellers, travel arranger moves trip from Unfiled Items folder into trip shell.)
- Travel planner customises the TripIt itinerary as necessary, adding driving directions, client meetings, restaurant reservations, etc.
- Travel planner shares trip with business traveller, adding them as a Traveller.
Updated: 03 May 2019