TripIt can help you organise travel plans for your travellers.
If you are an SAP Concur user, please check out our SAP Concur: Travel Arrangers page. If not, please see below for instructions on adding a trip for another traveller.
- Travel planner creates and verifies a free TripIt account in their name. (Each traveller also needs their own account.)
- If managing multiple travellers, untick 'Put new plans into trips' in the Travel preferences section of your profile's About you page, which will make it easier to file the right plans in the right trip.
- When it's time to arrange travel for a business traveller, the travel planner creates a new trip 'shell' in their TripIt account, entering just the trip name, primary location, start/end dates and unticking 'I am a traveller on this trip'. Use trip names like 'Chicago, 01/05/2022, Traveller Name' to help keep things organised.
- Travel planner forwards all the business traveller's confirmation emails to firstname.lastname@example.org and all travel information is automatically added to the new trip based on the start and end date. (If managing multiple travellers, travel arranger moves trip from Unfiled Items folder into trip shell.)
- Travel planner customises the TripIt itinerary as necessary, adding driving directions, client meetings, restaurant reservations, etc.
- Travel planner shares trip with business traveller, adding them as a Traveller.
Updated: 25 Sep, 2021