Auto-Import Connects Your Gmail, G Suite, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook Inboxes with Your TripIt Account
Once connected, your travel plans are automatically added to your TripIt account. You never have to remember to forward an email. TripIt will scan your primary inbox multiple times a day for travel plans, then automatically import them into TripIt. (Auto-Import is currently only offered for Gmail, G Suite, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com).
Setting up Auto-Import.
Android and iOS mobile apps: Tap the More tab, select Settings and under Email Addresses, tap on the email address(es) for which you wish to authorise auto-import.
Website: Sign in to your TripIt account and click Set up Auto-Import and never forget to forward a plan on your home page.
Then enter your Gmail, G Suite, Yahoo! Mail or Outlook.com account (it may auto-fill for you) and click Import Plans from This Email.
- For Google, you will be prompted to let TripIt access your inbox. Click Grant Access.
- For Yahoo!, you will need to provide your Yahoo! password.
- For Outlook.com, you will be prompted to enter your Outlook.com password, then click Yes.
- Note: TripIt will not store your email account password, nor will we have any record of it
That's it! TripIt will scan your inbox multiple times a day for travel plans.
- Auto-Import is an optional feature the user elects to authorise and is not required to use TripIt.
- Once authorised, import is not immediate; your inbox will be scanned within 24 hours.
- Currently Outlook.com authorisation can only be made via our website.
- Make sure your inbox contains only recent confirmation emails. At sign up, TripIt will look for all travel-related emails, from the last 7 days, regardless of travel date (future or past). As most supplier confirmation emails do not identify the year of travel, past trips may be imported as upcoming trips since TripIt assumes undated travel is for a future trip.
Updated: 24 Mar. 2021