Inbox Sync (formerly Auto-Import) connects your Gmail, Google Workspace, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook Inboxes with Your TripIt Account
Once connected, your travel plans are automatically added to your TripIt account. You never have to remember to forward an email. TripIt will scan your primary inbox multiple times a day for travel plans, then automatically import them into TripIt. (Inbox Sync is currently only offered for Gmail, Google Workspace, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com).
Setting up Inbox Sync.
Android and iOS mobile apps:
- Tap the Account tab (bottom right).
- Tap Settings.
- Under Email Addresses, select the email address(es) you wish to authorise Inbox Sync.
- Turn on the Inbox Sync toggle.
- Sign in to your TripIt account.
- Click Set up Inbox Sync and never forget to forward a plan on the Home page.
- Then enter your Gmail, G Suite, Yahoo! Mail or Outlook.com account (it may auto-fill for you) and click Import Plans from This Email.
- That's it! TripIt will scan your inbox multiple times a day for travel plans.
- For Google, you will be prompted to let TripIt access your inbox. Click Grant Access.
- For Yahoo!, you will need to provide your Yahoo! password.
- For Outlook.com, you will be prompted to enter your Outlook.com password, then click Yes.
Note: TripIt will not store your email account password, nor will we have any record of it.
- Inbox Sync is an optional feature the user elects to authorise and is not required to use TripIt.
- Once authorised, import is not immediate; your inbox will be scanned within 24 hours.
- Currently Outlook.com authorisation can only be made via our website.
- Make sure your inbox contains only recent confirmation emails. At sign up, TripIt will look for all travel-related emails, from the last 7 days, regardless of travel date (future or past). As most supplier confirmation emails do not identify the year of travel, past trips may be imported as upcoming trips since TripIt assumes undated travel is for a future trip.
Updated: 8 Feb, 2022