Concur Travel users can authorise Concur to automatically send travel itinerary information to their TripIt account.
- With TripIt, travellers can manage all aspects of their travel itinerary – from air, car and hotel booked with Concur, to dining reservations, activities and more booked elsewhere. All of a traveller's reservations can be managed in a single master itinerary.
- The TripIt and Concur Travel integration enables a traveller to have their Concur Travel itineraries and updates automatically delivered to TripIt – eliminating the need for the traveller to manually forward Concur email confirmations to TripIt.
- Current and upcoming Concur Travel itineraries are automatically delivered to TripIt once the user authorises the integration. Any offline bookings (e.g. booked via a Travel agent) that appear in Concur Travel will also be sent to TripIt. For clients who are not using Concur Travel, travellers can forward their email confirmations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Linking your TripIt and Concur Travel accounts:Only a one-time authorisation is required. To begin, sign into your Concur Travel account. If you have not linked your accounts previously, you should see a banner asking if you would like to link accounts. If you do not see the banner please click on App Centre located at the top of the page, where you will find the link to TripIt.
- Links will only appear for those who list English (US) or English (UK) as their primary language in their Concur profile.
- The TripIt links do not appear for arranger or guest bookings – only the account owner can link a Concur account to a TripIt account.
- New TripIt users should sign up for TripIt with the same email address as in your Concur profile. If you have an existing TripIt account registered with a different email address, simply add the email address that is in your Concur profile in the Email Settings section of your TripIt account.
- There is no limit to the number of email addresses that can be placed in a TripIt account.
- TripIt passwords must contain a minimum of eight characters and cannot be an email address.
- Once linked, each trip added by Concur will display Linked with Concur in TripIt.
- See the video!
Most Common Issues/Fixes:
1. Company provided TripIt Pro not activated: Occasionally, the established link between Concur and TripIt breaks. For most users, unlinking and then relinking their Concur and TripIt accounts resolves the connection problem and re-establishes their TripIt Pro subscription.
To unlink the accounts from the TripIt website, sign in to your TripIt account and click on User name > Settings.
Click Remove to disconnect from the Concur app.
You will need to re-link accounts via Concur. To link (re-link) your TripIt and Concur Travel accounts, from Concur Travel, sign into your Concur Travel account and click App Centre (top navigation bar).
Then enter your email address and TripIt password to link your Concur and TripIt accounts.
***Do not enter your credit card information on our website's TripIt Pro page or purchase in the iTunes store if your subscription is provided by your company. This will result in your card being charged.***
2. Existing TripIt Pro retail customer offered Pro by their company via TripLink: Once you have linked your Concur Travel and TripIt accounts, your TripIt Pro subscription will automatically revert to your company paid subscription at the conclusion of your current Pro subscription.
3. Personal Trips: Concur Travel users can prevent personal trips in their TripIt account from being displayed in Concur. If you don't want to have your personal/leisure trips created in TripIt to display in your Concur account, simply uncheck the Business trip box on the Add a Trip or Edit a Trip page on the Web and Android/iOS TripIt app.
iOS Mobile App (similar on Android)
4. Auto-Import: Your Concur-booked trips will be pushed by API to your TripIt account. If you also use our Auto-Import feature, please be aware that occasionally duplicate trip entries may be created in TripIt.To avoid trip item or itinerary duplicationsyou may wish to consider not authorising auto-importing of your confirmation emails.
5. Year-long trip: If Concur has added a year-long trip to your TripIt account, the usual cause is due to a passive (non-live booking) trip segment, entered by your travel agency, a year out from the reservation start date. The passive segment allows the travel agency to keep the record active in their system. TripIt has no control over the inclusion of passive segments in your live booking record.
6. Support offered by TripIt: The TripIt support team provides support for TripIt functionality questions. We do not have access to Concur Travel sign-in credentials, implementation or contract information. If you are trying to retrieve your Concur user name and/or password, please access Concur Solutions and select Forgot your user name? or Forgot your password? For any other Concur-related questions, please contact your Concur Programme Administrator.
7. Credit card charged: If your company provides you with TripIt via their Concur contract, there is never a need to enter your credit card information on the TripIt site. Credit card information is not provided to TripIt by Concur. If you find you provided us with your card information in error and you were charged, please contact us and we will refund you in full. To contact us please use this form.
Link to the Concur Training Toolkit for TripIt and TripIt Pro: TripIt and TripIt Pro Concur Training Toolkit.
Updated: 23 Aug, 2018