Share your trip details with others with a secure private invitation, public link or via Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Your trip details are private and only visible to you unless you choose to share them. To learn more about sharing trips, go to our Share Trips info page and our Trip sharing from our mobile apps help page. If you are a TripIt Pro member and interested in automatic trip sharing, please see our Inner Circle help page.
A. Private invitation
Only you and people you invite will have access to your travel plans. To add someone to your trip, follow these steps:
1. On the itinerary page of your trip, click Add next to 1 of 3 trip invitee options: Traveler, Viewer, or Planner.
- Travelers are going on the trip. They can view and edit trip details.
- Viewers can view your trip details (less the Total Cost, Frequent Flyer Number, Confirmation Number fields and Documents) but cannot make trip edits.
- Planners can view and edit trip details but are not traveling on the trip.
2. Enter the email addresses of the people you want to share your trip with.
- Tips: If you want to change the trip invitee type prior to sending the invitation you can use the menu to toggle between Travelers, Viewers, and Planners.
3. You can see how your itinerary will display to the user in the email they receive by clicking on Preview email.
4. When done with your entries click the Add button.
- Trip invitations will immediately be sent to those you invited to view your trip
- All users will be added to your trip with the pre-selected permissions of Traveler, Viewer, or Planner.
5. You can also change a trip invitee's permissions once you've added them to a trip.
- Find the invitee's name in the header of your trip and click the arrow to expand their entry.
- Toggle between the available options and they will be instantly moved to your new selection.
- You can also remove the invitee from your trip by clicking Remove from trip
B. Public URL
You can generate a special link/URL that will let anyone with access to the link view your trip. This method is helpful if you want to post your trip on your blog or in some other forum, where any member of the public could view your itinerary. Because trips can contain things like travel dates, hotel names, and flight numbers, use public URL sharing cautiously. (Creation of our public url is not available via our mobile devices.)
1. On the itinerary page of your trip, click the link icon.
2. Copy and paste the URL displayed.
C. Share on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
1. On the itinerary page of your trip, click the Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn icon.
Updated: Mar 4, 2021