You can change the designation of yourself or anyone you have already shared a trip with at anytime.
If you've shared your trip with someone by adding them as a traveler, viewer or planner, you can change their designation or remove them from the trip. If you are the trip owner, you can change your designation from a traveler to a planner on our website (not available from mobile apps) but you can't remove yourself completely from a trip.
You may have noticed we've redesigned our web experience. You still have the option to access your account from our legacy site so we've included instructions for both.
New web experience
- Select the trip from the Trips page.
- Click 'Manage Sharing'.
- Under the invitee's name, update their designation or you can remove them altogether.
If you are the trip owner and want to update your status between traveler and planner:
- Click 'Edit trip info' (located below the trip title on the Trips page.)
- Check (or uncheck) the 'I am a traveler on this trip' box.
- Click 'Save'.
- Select your trip from the Trips page.
- Click the triangle next to the name you wish to update.
- Select the new designation (Traveler, Viewer, or Planner)
- From here, you can also click Remove from trip.
Android and iOS mobile apps:
- Select the trip from our Android or iOS apps.
- In the People section, tap the name of the person whose designation you wish to change and then select the new designation (Traveler, Viewer, or Planner).
- You can also remove a person from a trip in the same section.
Updated: Feb 6, 2023