Flight alerts begin three days before a flight's departure. Refund and seat alerts are available anytime after you include a valid flight in your itinerary
Alerts settings can be updated anytime on the Travel Alerts page. Once sent, alerts will auto-delete after one day, allowing users to refer to a recent alert if needed. There is not a user option to delete alerts.
TripIt flight alerts include:
Within 3 days of departure: Schedule changes
24 hours prior to scheduled departure: Check-in reminders
Day of flight:
- Arrival and connection summaries
- Departure summary and gate changes (beginning four hours before departure)
- Cancellations and delays (plus alternate flight options are available in the app)
- Weather: When the chance of precipitation is 30% or greater
- Terminal and gate notifications when you're close to the airport (push notifications only)
Pro users on iOS 10 can now receive interactive travel alerts via push notifications for the following:
Check-in alerts: Check in directly to your flight or view flight details.
Delay alerts: Search alternative flights, view your flight details, view airport lounges, or call your travel agency directly (TripIt for TMC reservations only).
Cancellation alerts: Search alternative flights, view your flight details, or call your travel agency directly (TripIt for TMC reservations only).
Updated: Jun 28, 2017