Our latest updates, notices, and major bugs.
Special Update for Gmail Auto-Import users:
We have updated Auto-Import (auto-forward of your confirmation emails) to improve your experience and comply with Google standards. If you had authorized Auto-Import for Gmail prior to Sep 18th, 2019, to continue using the Auto-Import feature, please disable and then re-enable the feature in your TripIt account. Android and iOS mobile apps: Tap the More tab, select Settings, and under Email Addresses tap on the email address you wish to authorize auto-import. Website: Sign in to your TripIt account and click Set up Auto-Import and never forget to forward a plan on your home page.
Bugs: March 25, 2021 There was a crashing bug affecting some users on v10.4 for Android. Please update your device to the latest version of TripIt (10.4.2) to fix this crashing issue.
- Traveler Resource Center: The Traveler Resource Center has officially gone live on the TripIt website! The Traveler Resource Center makes it easy for travelers to find the latest global travel advisories, guidelines and restrictions, alongside other helpful resources.
Android mobile app update: The TripIt Travel Planner app v10.5 for Android was released on April 28th. We’ve added airline-specific travel guidance, including food and beverage service, cleaning procedures, middle-seat policy, and more. Tap the guidebook button from the trip itinerary screen to access this enhancement. You can share files you’ve uploaded to your travel plans through the Documents feature. We refreshed the Personal Information screen under your Profile. Make sure to add your home city so we can calculate your travel stats. Please update your Android devices!
iOS mobile app update: The TripIt Travel Planner app v14.5.1 for iOS was released on May 5th. Now you can find the latest information for the airlines you’re traveling with, including food and beverage service, cleaning procedures, middle-seat policy, and more. Tap the guidebook button from the trip itinerary screen to access this enhancement. Have reservations that include pdf files? Remember to upload these to your travel plans through the Documents feature. You can even share the files you upload—right from the TripIt app. We refreshed the Personal Information screen under your Profile. Make sure to add your home city so we can calculate your travel stats. We made some improvements to search suggestions when using VoiceOver. We fixed a bug associated with accessing the Help Center. Go there for how-to articles and to contact customer support. Please update your iOS devices!
- Mac app update: The TripIt Planner app v14.4 for Mac app was released on March 30th. Stay up-to-date on the rapidly changing travel landscape with destination-specific guidance. Tap the guidebook button from the trip itinerary screen to access this feature. With TripIt Pro, you can now search for travel guidance for destinations you’re considering visiting. Find this under TripIt Pro in the sidebar.
- TripIt Blog: Keep up-to-date by following the TripIt blog.
- Passwords: Account passwords now require a minimum of eight characters including at least one non-number or letter.
- Point Tracker: TripIt Pro's Point Tracker now supports more than 150 reward programs offering you the opportunity to organize your reward programs and track all your points and miles in one place. Visit our Point Tracker page for a complete list of supported programs, including airline, hotel, car, train, credit cards, and more.
- Support: The TripIt Support team is available to answer tickets Monday-Friday during normal business hours, Pacific Time (USA).
Updated: May 5, 2021