Your Travel Stats measure the distance traveled between your daily locations (including home location) for itineraries that list you as a traveler.
You can view your trip history over time with new travel stats graphs on our Android and iOS apps. Graphs can be displayed for totals of distance traveled, days, trips, countries/regions and cities visited by year. Each graph shows up to the past seven years of data.
- Open the TripIt app.
- Tap Account tab (bottom right).
- Select Travel Stats.
Note: iOS users can share their travel stats by tapping the Share icon located on the top right of the Travel Stats screen.
How your Travel Stats are calculated:
- Is made after the conclusion of your trip.
- Assumes that you are returning home between trips.
- May take up to a day to post to your account.
Note: Single, long-term trips which are greater then 366 days are excluded from travel stats; when tabulating countries/regions visited your home country/region is included if you have a domestic trip.
If you believe your travel statistics are not calculating properly, be sure to check the following:
- Your home location is properly set on the About you page of the TripIt website (the option to reset is not yet available on our mobile apps). Enter your city in the box titled Home location (you will be given a drop-down list of cities to choose from once you begin typing your city name).
- You are listed as a traveler on the trip on your Itinerary page. To change the designation to Traveler, please see our help page for instructions.
- For single date trips (same start/end date - e.g. start May 10/end May10), TripIt sets your daily location (last location before midnight) to your home location and no distance is added. We plan to improve the logic for this case in the future. For now a good workaround is to add a map for your destination dated for the next day.
Related Help Page: Travel stats by year
Updated: Feb 8, 2022