Your TripIt mobile app shows a flight's carbon emissions and provides practical ideas for reducing or offsetting its environment impact.
Our goal is to help you better understand the environmental impact of your flight. That’s why we made it easy for you to see, track, and offset your carbon footprint.
How can I offset my carbon footprint?
Non-profit organizations like the Gold Standard vet and recommend high-quality carbon offset projects you can donate to. Check out their current projects here. There are also plenty of ways to reduce your carbon footprint!
Where can I find it?
- Select your flight on our mobile app.
- Tap Carbon Footprint to view more details on how to reduce or offset your flight's footprint.
- To view the cumulative carbon footprint for all your flights in a certain year, check out your Travel Stats in the Account tab. From there, tap Carbon Footprint for more information and ideas on how to reduce or offset your footprint.
How does it work?
- See your flight’s carbon emissions.
- Track your annual carbon footprint for air travel.
- Offset and reduce your environmental impact with practical suggestions right in the app.
How is it calculated?
TripIt calculates your carbon footprint using the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, the same methodology used by American and European government agencies. We take into account factors like distance, flight class, and environmental elements.
Updated: Feb 8, 2022