The TripIt widget for iPhone and iPad shows you the info you need most, the moment you need it.
A TripIt Lock Screen widget is now available for iPhone (iOS16+) which means you can view your travel details without even unlocking your phone.
- Without having to unlock your iPhone, you can view your upcoming trip or plan, whether it’s a flight, train, rental car, hotel, restaurant, stop on your road trip, or more.
- See the most valuable information for your flight, including the flight number and departure time, plus gate number when available, right on your iPhone Lock Screen.
- After you land, the widget will show you details about the next item on your itinerary, whether that’s a rental car reservation or a hotel check-in, so you always have the info you need at your fingertips.
How to get started:
- Unlock your iPhone and pull down from the top to show the Lock Screen and notifications.
- Long-press on the Lock Screen to enter the edit mode and tap the Customize button.
- Tap the widget area below the clock.
- In the Add Widgets pane, scroll down the list to select TripIt.
- Tap the widget preview or drag and drop it into position on the Lock Screen.
- Close the Add Widgets pane by tapping the X in the top right corner.
- Tap Done in the top left corner of the Lock Screen customize mode.
- Tap Set as Wallpaper Pair the tap the Lock Screen to exit edit mode.
The medium widget is available for your home screen and Smart Stack while the small widget acts as a shortcut into the app and gives a quick view of your upcoming travel plans. The medium widget displays even more information, plus links to Nearby Places and Navigator. Please be sure your TripIt app is updated to the latest version.
Examples of the medium widget:
- See the most valuable information for your flight, including the flight number, departure time, and the arrival time—right from your iPhone’s Home screen (iOS 14+) or as part of the Smart Stack (iOS 15).
- Medium widget includes links to Nearby Places for cafes and gas stations and links to Navigator to see transport options to your next location.
- Medium widget will display if a location is above your personal risk level.
- If you’re a TripIt Pro user, you can see the status of your flight and departure gate and terminal information.
- After you land, the widget will show you the next item on your itinerary, whether that’s a rental car reservation or a hotel check-in, so you always have the info you need at your fingertips.
How to get started:
- Tap and hold an empty space on your Home screen or Today View (only option for iPad) until the apps start to wiggle.
- Tap the + icon in the top left corner then search for the TripIt widget.
Why did the widget skip my plan?
If you have any non-flight plan within two hours of a departing flight, the widget will show you the flight plan instead.
Is the TripIt widget available for Android users?
Yes! Just tap and hold the TripIt app icon, tap Widgets and select either the small or large widget to add to your device.
Updated: Sep 14, 2022